Tuesday 12 January 2016

A wee catch-up.....and Sharon has given notice.

We flew down to Vancouver for two weeks.....

Maybe the best Christmas ever...I had Christmas dinner with my daughter Morgan for the first time in...20? years. I had been talking to her..asking what they were doing for THE dinner...and she is saying that she and her bunch and her mom, Allison and her husband have theirs Christmas eve. So..I just said...is it okay if we show up? And...the other best part..was after the dinner, and gifts to kids were all over and the kids were getting owly...we got to leave. yeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss


 

The 27th, Sharon's brother Gary and his squeeze were over from the Island and we were off doing the big city wander. Starting out with brunch at Havana's, on The Drive. Fuk, that was good. They were offering a sangria and I was suggesting we get a jug and get wrecked...but I was voted own. Fine. I just got a glass....man oh man...












 Couple days later we took a drive up to Whistler.



 








Nice drive up...Sharon had never been there so I figured  she'd love shopping the Village. Can you believe...couldn't find a parking spot..the place was freaking jammed. We didn't press it too much...spun around and went back down to Squamish for lunch.



 Howe Sound Brewing Company...





 Yes...fresh oysters......






Al and Art..the guys we stay with any time we are in Vancouver and the ones that dog-sit Maya.









Ahh yes...Kitimat in the winter...













And our last one.....Sharon gave her notice, via E mail....and come March 1st, she will be in her new office in Penticton. I'll complete packing and hopefully get the house sold and schlep it all down for May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment