Monday 10 August 2015

continuation of our Rupert weekend

We were driving about Saturday afternoon in Prince Rupert and spied a brew pub that hadn't been visited in the past. Wheelhouse Brewing.. http://transitionprincerupert.com/wheelhouse-brewing-company/

How the hell we have missed this place I cannot even come close to explaining....but we saw it this time! Now..fair warning, this is not your usual yuppie-fied, fancy pub. This is a for sure, Prince Rupert bar with that kinda look. It is not fancy. I am telling you this so that should you go..you will not turn and run. Go ahead in...I think they were all friendly.






 


 


 Darwin sure was, as he filled my growler.


 




 






And so...I went out to the truck to grab a camera and one of the swillers was out doing something and ask.."would you guys like a crab?"...well, like..duuhhhh.....yes, we would! We'll have it with our supper. So..he gave us his five, live, fresh, yummy crabs...


We cooked them on one of my hiking/camping stoves. You never want to cook crabs inside..whoooeeeee, no......

 


 My supervisor's...

 









This was our overnight spot...right in town, but a dead end street.



Prince Rupert....has deer.....














Looking up Butze rapids.






Just sittin and hangin.....




Pilot's boat coming in





No comments:

Post a Comment