Sunday 20 January 2019

end of part 3....Onto the deserts after today

I was trying to get to Destroyer Rocks to take a picture for a bud that loves ships of war. 

 http://destroyerhistory.org/flushdeck/honda/


Three went aground there during WW1...one stayed...and he had asked me to go and get.....well, now that set of real estate is on Vandenberg AFB and unless I get a pass, I ain't going..and being a non-US resident and not a military vet....so, anyway...there we were west of Lompoc when I got told no way. So...why not shoot the launch of a Delta Heavy that was due up in 30 minutes.

https://www.military.com/base-guide/vandenberg-air-force-base 








One of the issues I faced for this 7 week trip was....drying the hair. Up till now, we have been using recreational centre's for showers and power...until yesterday...in Oxford the rec centre is not open weekends and the gal was giving me the evil eye. Many/most of the state parks are closed due to either flooding from the storm last week or the fires. We were able to utilize the Day Park showers at Sycamore on the Pacific Coast Highway....but...no power. So..finally got to break out the 1,500 watt inverter. Works like a charm....








No comments:

Post a Comment