Wednesday 12 October 2016

Getting ready to head to the coast

Packing and getting set to head out for maybe 14 days. Maya won't let me out of her sight. She and I are going to head off to Seattle on Saturday and then to the coast of Washington and down into Oregon. As I type this there are warnings of huge storms coming onto the coast over the weekend...oh good..I love a good coastal storm! If it all goes according to plan I'll get down to Brookings and then into a California just a bit, till I can turn east, heading for the Sheldon Wildlife Refuge.


As of now...NOAA is running weather warnings for the coast...so, I shall just take my time gettin there.
 

http://marine.weather.gov/MapClick.php?map.x=133&map.y=38&minlon=-125&maxlon=-120.8&minlat=43.39&maxlat=46.91&mapwidth=354&site=pqr&zmx=1&zmy=1#.V__FdMmzl_g


 



 Pumpkin time...






Recall that Mexican place in Oroville? The pickled cabbage salad? Curdito..I made some for myslef...oh God that was good.  Fie roasted some jalapeno's, chopped everything up...heated some apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt..poured that over and let sit for 24 hours. FUCK yes...










Local Boy Scout Troops out for an afternoon rafting trip down the channel.





Look at Maya..looking thru the screen in back of her trailer...





Dry rubbed and then slow bbq'd.....






I am tryiing out Instagram to try and boost awareness of the rental loft.  This is my latest Instagram shot.....





No...this is...as I was pulling out yesterday.


 Displaying 20161015_085049.jpg

Drove straight thru to Seattle 7.5 hours..not something I really enjoyed but wanted to beat a storm..that failed to show. Oh well...Monday I will head off to the coast and hopefully the storms will have cleared off and I can just meander from one photo op/oyster bar, to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment