Friday 12 April 2013

Books...I do love to read.

fuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk........I want to leave for home tomorrow morning, Saturday, and the weather forecast is suggesting that to do so would be fool-hardy, in the extreme. Snowfall warning for Edmonton and surrounding areas..up to 20 cc ..maybe 15 inches. I don't mind driving in the stuff but the other traffic/drivers scare the bejeesuz out of me. Drivers in Alberta have little regard for their own safety..so, none at all for anyone elses. Even in bad weather conditions they just hammer it...big rigs are going at 100 k's and so, when it goes bad, it goes bad very quickly.



THE CANADIAN PRESS/Stephanie Williams



*sigh*



View image on Twitter



I have been doing some reading, the past couple of days. I used to read voraciously. As a kid in school I would consume two books a day. In fact, I had to undergo testing because they (whoever 'they' were) thought perhaps I had been dropped as a baby. So...testing...IQ and cognitive testing...memory challenges and so on. Whatever they did back in the 60's. Then accused me of being lazy and argumentative. No shit Sherlock....I had been abused while being looked after by an aunt and uncle in California and they so thoroughly fucked me up, that  probably, I was just lucky to be able to talk coherently.

Anyway...I do love to read and I should be doing more of that and less of computer staring. Back when I was in the VW Westy and before wifi had my attention, I would read huge amounts while on the road. This past couple of days, I have had two books on the go. JudyLynn says these are two of her all-time favorite reads and plopped them into my lap.

Men for the Mountains, by Sid Marty. Autobiographical...Sids time in the Yoho National Park.

Men for the Mountains



A review if you are so moved...  goodreads.com/book/

and another.....


Arabian Sands, by Wilfred Thesiger  Again, autobiographical, his time with the Bedu's in the deserts of Arabia.
And a review...  goodreads.com/book/

Front Cover




While I was doing some research, I stumbled across this video. If you know the book, you'll be enthralled by it.





No comments:

Post a Comment